20 November, 2011

Virgin Mojito With Sweet Lime

I'd been away since Diwali, I had a good vacation with family and friends and even got an oppurtunity to try my hand at pottery (me as a potter). Ranjit, my husband who has asked me not to use the camera, in the past, gifted me a SLR for our second wedding anniversary, which we celebrated earlier this month. So out of sheer excitement, I asked if he thinks I'm a good at  photography? He replied with a blunt "No" and added "you are creative, you'll get better".  

The excitement was momentary and then fear and self -doubt set in, it is too big a thing to use, I even had nightmares. I knew I had to brush off the fear and start using it. I've been very hesitant to use the camera in manual, but I guess this Mojito has helped me overcome my fear of using it in manual mode.

Ranjit, picked up sweetlimes instead of oranges ( its nothing unusual for him, everything looks alike) from the fruit shop. Making Mojito was an obvious choice as I already had a bunch of mint ready to be used from my herb garden. (This picture is really not needed, guess, I'm showing off )

Mint in my garden

Mojito is a simple drink made of lime and mint, and if you drink alcohol you can of course add white rum to it, to make the virgin pregnant (a joke you would find funnier if you watch Akkara Kazhchakal).




Serves 2 (large glasses)
Preparation Time: 15mins

Ingredients used :
  • 5-6 Large sprigs of  fresh mint leaves
  • 2 Sweet limes
  • 1/4cup Sugar
  • Soda or Carbonated water

Procedure:

1. Remove the mint leaves from the sprigs  and cut  5-6  thin round slices from the lime. Make sure to remove the seeds.

2. Add the mint leaves and the sweet lime slices in large pitcher and muddle them. I used a wooden spoon as I don't have a muddler.


3. Add sugar and squeeze in the lime juice from the rest of the limes and mix well.
4. Fill half the pitcher with ice cubes and top it up with carbonated water. And serve immediately, before you loose the fizz.


Note:
1. The limes I used weren't that sweet, so adjust the amount of sugar accordingly.
2. This is not an authentic recipe for Mojito, I just make it this way.
3. You would appreciate drinking straws to drink this one.
4. Try using sprite  instead of soda and sugar.

Health and Nutrition
  • Lime contains traces of Vitamin A and Calcium. It is a good source of potassium and a very good source of Vitamin C.
  • Mint which is well known for its medicinal use to aid digestion. It also contains a good percentage of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and iron. it also contains traces of essential minerals such as manganese, copper, iron, potassium and calcium.
Just 4 Fun

41 comments:

  1. I can't believe it is November and unexpectedly very hot in Bangalore. this mojita is perfect for such weather. Mint makes it even more refreshing. :-)

    Siri

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..and thank you for listing my blog under "Inspirations". it is my first time here and was quite thrilled :-)

    Siri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woww wat a catchy and healthy drink, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very refreshing and delicious looking mojito. Awesome looking drink.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot... Siri, Divya, Julie and Deepa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply loved this. I think my daughter is going to love this will try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Refreshing drink... The second pic looks superb... captures the essence of the drink..:)
    Loved it.. Good work..:)
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahhh...so refreshing!!! Stunning clicks ;)
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. woo..hooooo...sounds delicious...excellent photography anisha..;)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  10. Btw you took really good photos :-) Keep on experimenting ...

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  11. looking refreshingly cool.drink as well as your blog.thanks for visitng my blog
    anandhirajan
    www.anandhirajansartsncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful clicks....Thats a lovely and refreshing drink:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. so refreshing and lovely drink, wonderful clicks, i remember the joke in akkara kazchakal :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Shirley, Anandhi, Padhu and Priya for stopping by and taking time to write. Means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Reva, Prathima, Jay, Deepa, Sushma and Sobha I'm really glad that you guys like the pictures... Your words mean a lot as I've just started using the new camera which I find overwhelming. Thanks a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shobha... I'm glad someone watches akkara kazchakal... it is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the comment! :) Would love to hear your feedback after you make the pudding.
    & this non-alcoholic version is simply superb! :) Love the photos!
    -
    Kavi | Edible Entertainment
    Ongoing event: Healthy Lunch Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. Refreshing drink Anisha!! The first 2 clicks are gorgeous. Love to have mint coolers during summer.Congrats on your new cam.Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Kavi, I'd definetly let you know.

    Thanks a ton Rinku, I'm actually starting to enjoy the new cam :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Delicious — I especially love how refreshing that mojito looks! Such pretty pictures!
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  21. The mint looks gorgeous and so does the drink! Very refreshing and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you aipi and Asmita... :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. first time in your space...i just loved this refreshing drink...i too hav a space with a variety of fish recipe...do visit when time permits..happy to follow u here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I luv virgin mojito...Stunning click on the lemon slice and the mint leaves

    ReplyDelete
  25. i slight twist to the original mojito recipie is by adding some sweet basil leaves ;p tastes amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you Sonali.

    Thanks a ton Priya, its very encouraging to get appreciated for the pictures. :)

    Thanks for the tip Joel, next time I'll add basil leaves, apart from the taste it makes it even more healthier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You'll get over the inhibitions. Must say that you have captured the mint really well. Like they sy if you have it flaunt it. Between, this is one my fav. mocktails.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Rachel, thank you so much for your encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
  29. NEw to me. but sure its a healthy one !!

    ReplyDelete
  30. beautiful clicks!love your mojito.

    ReplyDelete
  31. the drink looks fabulous... fantastic clicks...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks just mouthwatering and delicious...so easy to prepare and tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Rerfreching Drink....

    http://panchamrutham.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Anisha, thanks a bunch for the lovely thought and the follow..love to have a mallu blogger as my friend...mojito looks absolutely tempting and perfect for the weather...once again thanks for the visit....happy to follow u.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi! First time here and I simply love the Virgin Mojito, nice clicks.


    FOODELICIOUS

    EVENT FOR NOVEMBER & GIVEAWAY, ‘ONLY’- CURRIES

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you Chitra, Sayantani, Amina, Kalyan, Deepti, Nisa, Pari for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Another perfect n lovely entry from u :) Thanx a lot for linking it :)

    Join me for the Just "4" Fun event :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. This looks so cool and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...