10 December, 2011

Nutella Chocolate Pudding

Since I started blogging, my bookmarked recipe list keeps increasing. This is adapted from one of the recipes from Kavi's Edible Entertainment. She has an awesome blog with so many recipes to try out, the best part is, when it comes to baking, she has already figured out many alternatives for things not available in India, which I would love to try.

Photography update: I take pictures and love them on my cam but when I download it to the computer, I feel like crying. It's so much hard work but only the barely presentable ones are showing up on the blog. Switching to auto mode does seem tempting but then I won't learn. I'm reading up on photography, hoping I'll be able to put it into practice. I wish I just had to cook and someone else would do the photography for me. I was enjoying photography with my old camera, the SLR just intimidates me.

Did you know the difference between, custard and pudding? Simply put, Pudding is egg-less uses cornstarch etc to coagulate the sweetened milk mixture and Custard contains eggs, i.e. egg proteins are used for coagulation. But there is an overlap where some Cream puddings, use a custard base but are thickened with starch. I also read pudding can be savoury. If you are interested in the history of pudding and custards check this out.

If you are Nutella lover, you are definitely going to love this silky smooth pudding.



Serves 2
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Refrigeration time: 2-3 hours


Ingredients I used:
  • 1cup Milk
  • 2tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
  • 3tbsp Sugar
  • 2tbsp Custard powder
  • 4tbsp Nutella
  • 5-6 Almonds (sliced) 
Procedure: 

1. Mix Cocoa powder and custard powder in 1/4 cup of milk.


2. Pour the rest of the milk in a sauce pan, add sugar and bring to boil. Turn down the heat and add the above mix to the boiling milk stirring continuously to avoid any lump formation.


3. Keep stirring till the mixture starts to thicken, then add Nutella and stir. You will love the change in the colour.


4. Turn off the heat and pour it into serving bowls and let it cool to room temperature. Cover them with plastic wrap. If you don't like the layer that forms on top just let the plastic wrap touch the top of the pudding and then refrigerate for 2-3 hours. I actually like the layer so I covered it tight.


5. Garnish with Chopped almonds or your favourite nuts or chocolate shavings. I added more almonds as it was good to bite into something, at the same time enjoying the silky texture of the pudding.



Notes:

1. I would have liked it to solidify a wee bit more, so I will add a half tablespoon extra custard next time.
2. If you do not have custard powder, you can replace custard powder with 2tbsp cornflour and 1tsp vanilla essence.
3. If you don't want the pudding to stick to the sides of the bowl or glass, just wet the bowl with water just before you pour the pudding. Literally, you won't find any traces left behind after you finish eating.
4. If you are like me when it comes to chocolate i.e. if you prefer dark chocolate (70% or more) over milk chocolate, you would like the pudding better by reducing the amount of sugar to half.
5. You can always add any melted chocolate instead of Nutella.


Health and Nutrition
This food contains more calories than the amount of nutrition it will provide. It is good only to have it occasionally but the ease of preparation and the rich taste might lead you to indulge.



I'm sending this to
Jingle all the way,
Christmas delicacy



Lets cook for Christmas Red and Green
Sinful Delights
Snacks Mela
Weekly Story

Food of the Month
Yummy Desserts

29 comments:

  1. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy I am tempted to grab the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks perfect and delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I love silky smooth puds like this and that too with nutella. Fantastic. Beautiful clicks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who would say no to Nutella....and those chocolate pots look absolutely mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,its my first time here. U have a good set of recipes here. The pudding looks delicious. Am happy to follow u on google connect.

    Anzz
    www.anzzcafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow.. pudding looks simply superb... fabulous presentation..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy mother of... I think my heart just skipped a beat! :D God! This is absolutely marvelous!
    thanks so much for linking your post to my event! :)
    -
    Kavi
    (Edible Entertainment)
    Ongoing events:
    Jingle All The Way &
    Microwave Easy Cooking
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pudding looks yummy and thx for linking to the event.

    Vardhini
    Event: Sinful Delights
    Event: Stuffed Paratha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super inviting and delish dark temptation.Yummy.Luv it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!This one is something I really wanna try! Thanks for this sinful recipe! Actually who cares if its sinful...its all delicious pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very tempting n chocolaty..Thanx for linking it to my event,dear..

    ReplyDelete
  12. super yummy pudding, lovely recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  13. The garnish,texture,colour Uffff perfect n yummy drink for every body in family flavoursomeee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! loved this..you have a wonderful blog..your pictures are so good..Happy to be your follower..Do drop in at my blog too..

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my my...i made this today and it was a HIT HIT!!! thanks so much...now a follower

    visit me at http://aonecentlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love nutella & this is a fab recipe ! happy holidays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. that looks incredibly yummmm! wow!! Must try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow.yummy pudding..&.mouthwatering...:)hi 1st time to your blog & u have a nice splace...

    can u link it to my ongoing event Yummy desserts for new year...

    http://pran-oriya-recipies.blogspot.com/2011/12/eee.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow delicious..:) thanks dear for linking

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's yummilicious!! :)
    I loved the use of Nutella...superb!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, Looks amazing, I am always sufferring with that yuckie layer tat forms on the top, but now, THANK YOU for the tip xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice recipe..my daughter loves nutella. will surely try this.. Do visit my blog when you get time
    CC - Flavors of Tamilnadu

    Lock Lock Series 2

    ReplyDelete
  23. wonderful recipe....it tasted awesome & was so easy to make...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yum!! Thanks for a great recipe. I used the microwave because I'm lazy and tasted great!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...