22 March, 2012

Award and Update

I'll start with the updates first and then move onto the award ceremony :)

I've not been well for a while now. Nothing serious, esnophil count in my blood was way too high and it was messing up with my breathing. It is much better now but I haven't yet got back to my normal life. The last two posts were scheduled earlier, as a part of preparing to volunteer for Yoga Teaching at Sivananda Ashram for a month. Life doesn't always go as you plan, I couldn't go to the ashram and instead I've been at home recuperating my health.

I started cooking a bit here and there, mostly experimental baking and I'm dying to share some really healthy cakes. The only thing stopping me is that I haven't photographed anything yet. I hope to share the recipe soon.

I'm on a quest to live life more compassionately, as a part of which I'm turning Vegan. You can read more about what lead me to consider this as an option in this post. Now you can look forward to more of vegan recipes here. I do bake with eggs for my husband who has no plans to ever turn vegan or vegetarian. So you can expect to see some baked goodies containing eggs n milk until, I find a good substitute for eggs to fool my husband. ;)

Now the exciting part- The Versatile Blogger award was passed to me from Princy Vinoth @ Spicy Food and Maha @ Maha's Lovely Home. Thanks a ton to you guys for considering me worthy of this award.



The rules for accepting this award are:
1. Add the Versatile Blogger Award.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
3. Share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
4. Include this set of rules.
5. Forward this award to 15 fellow bloggers and inform them with a comment on each of their blogs.
 

I would like to forward this award to the following Blogger Friends...
  1. Kavitha @ Mummy's Kitchen
  2. Kitchen From A Topologist's Viewpoint
  3. Aarathi @ Yummy Tummy
  4. Padhu @ Padhu's Kitchen
  5. Anjali @ Spice n Sugar Tales
  6. Poornima @ Tasty Treats 
  7. Vimitha@ My Culinary Trial Room





1. I love dark chocolates 70% cocoa or more (means less sugar and milk solids). I hate to add sugar in fruit juices smoothies and coffee as it masks the original taste of the fruits and coffee.

2. I really struggle with Food photography, despite the fact that I have a great camera and some really awesome props.

3. I love baking cakes, creating desserts, experimenting with food in general. In pursuit of creating something extraordinary, I do drastic things and most experiments turn out to be disastrous. :)

4. I love Kerala, I love living in the village despite the fact that internet is bad and I have to travel far to get the stuff I need for baking etc. I love the slow paced life here.

5. I like reading but I have a hard time writing, I struggle to find the right words to express myself. "jo bhi main kehna chahoon, barbaad kare, alfaaz mere" That's the song from Rockstar, Bollywood movie; I had to borrow the words to express myself here.

6. I really love blogging, when I just have to take pictures and Mom is cooking. I miss her.

7. I wish to learn all the Sadhya recipes my mom's style by Onam 2013. (2012 Onam is just too early for me)

26 comments:

  1. Good to see ur post again & hope u are feeling much better now.. congrats on the award & good to know more about u :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm much better now... :)

      Delete
  2. Anisha thank you so much! that s so lovely! and congratulation on your award! take care...
    Ayse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats dear......Great to know more about u....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award, Anisha, and nice to see you back! I look forward to your vegan recipes as well. My mother is a vegetarian and she doesn't eat cakes and bakes with eggs and the only good eggless cake recipe I have at hand is a fruit cake recipe, whish she enjoys immensely. So I look forward to your recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that.. I would try to post my vegan cake recipe soon :)

      Delete
  5. Aww... sorry to hear about your health and glad to know that you are coming back to your normal pace. I hope you recover 100% soon!

    Congratulations on your award! Very deserving one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anisha, thanks for the award! And good luck on your journey towards veganism :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the award Anisha! Sorry to hear you were ill, and I hope you are well on the road to 100% recovery. I look forward to reading more of your great posts soon. Shall I send the other book yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just waiting to recover soon... :) I will email you about the book.

      Delete
  8. Waiting for all ur baked goodies... Happy to know that u r recovering well... THanks for passing on the award dear... And same pinch. I am addicted to dark chocolate too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people make a weird face when they hear dark chocolate so I'm just soo happy to know that you too like dark chocolates. The milk chocolate lovers will never experience the pure experience of chocolate ;)

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on your awards Anisha... thank you so much for passing it to me....

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats on the award. thank you for passing it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope u get well soon Anisha, Congrats on ur award and thanks so much for thinking about me and passing me tht award...much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Many congrats on your award Anisha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. today i am spening some time on ur blog.... want to read many posts i have missed out... glad to know more abt u ...

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...